Saturday, October 16, 2010

Funky Saturdays

Having recently acquired the use of a record player again, I have been rediscovering some of my albums. I compulsively buy records and books, and sometimes it takes a while for them to get on the rotation, or for me to remember that I bought them.  It's kind of like buying Christmas presents ridiculously early for yourself, and when you finally unwrap them you realize how super sweet they are.
This morning, I was feeling adventurous, so I put on a record an old roommate had left behind, but that I had never gotten around to listening to: Freddie Hubbard/Stanley Turrentine 'In Concert'.  This album has a really solid rhythm section that has kept me grooving (and motivated!) all morning. It also straddles the line between funk and jazz, making it perfect on a beautiful fall morning with bottomless cups of coffee and endless amounts of homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment